24 hr clock display, admin defined

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mouth, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa

Lisa Member

This whole thread reminds me of conversations with one of my stepsons when he was younger. He was always so focused on what he wanted and what he was saying that he didn't listen to what he was being told and completely missed the reasons why he couldn't have something.

2. Kintaro

Kintaro Member

I can't see the problem with this:

Library are done by men and women! ;)

I think it's only a matter of if Jeremy want to solve the problem, or not. And if he want it will depend on if he can and have time to solve it... this part is not clear.
    If a library doesn't support that and customers (and more important: possibile customers) ask to add the support to it, at least you can explain with more than 2 line of text why you can't add support to it.

I really want to use this add-on instead of the other one because I see it more "stable" (I'm not talking of the code)... but it's a shame I can't and with me other people.

...and then people start to say this:
    Which Events Mod?
    and this:
    Which Events Mod?

I must be clear... I'm PRO "Events", I would like see is taken to become the official Events add-on for xenforo!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Administrator Staff Member

That single line explanation explains everything about why the implementation isn't completed yet, not that it would never be implemented. There always has to be a line drawn in software development and choices need to be made. XenForo did not ship with custom BB Codes in the first 3 versions, which some considered a show stopper. If they had implemented everything that could possibly be considered a show stopper, we'd still be waiting on 1.0.

The real explanation is extremely technical and unless you are a coder, the explanation would be utterly useless past the fact that the date/time library used by the calendar system doesn't support the same syntax as PHP.

The fact that people believe I've stopped developing Events is rather insulting and flat out wrong. Considering this argument has become very circular and the points have been made, I'm closing this thread to stop the cycle of arguments.

Axel B, alfa1 and Bob B like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.