Not Planned Add 2 more 'location' fields

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by RichardKYA, Aug 28, 2015.

1. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Active Member

Add 2 more 'location' fields, to have 3 options in total...

Location: - For any events that you don't want mapped by Google.
    Map location: - Events that you do want mapped by Google.
    URL: - Online events, web addresses for more info, etc.

It would kill a few birds with one stone...

Google Maps
    Make google maps optional

...and I think this can be easily implemented without too much trouble and it will allow you to provide a lot more information in an organized way. Also, you wouldn't need to add checkboxes to hide/show the map, because you could just leave 'map location' field blank, which would remove the map anyway, and then you can provide a lovely link to www.your-online-event.com

Just throw your flowers at my feet

**Takes a bow** :cool:

;)

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Administrator Staff Member

Easy for you to say.

Also, this won't happen for the sole fact I do not want to over complicate a simple field.

3. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Active Member

Fair enough

4. RichardKYA

RichardKYA Active Member

That was said with the alternative suggestions in mind...

Duplicate - Google Maps | Dentel.Zone

Make google maps optional | Dentel.Zone

Duplicate - Map Options | Dentel.Zone

...so yes, I thought it would be easier to add a couple of fields, but you're right, I'm not a developer, so it is easy for me to say and I apologize for thinking that it would be easier, I just assumed other methods would be harder because they seem harder to me, so this suggestion seemed simple, but again, I'm not a developer, so these other alternatives may be far easier to implement and just seem harder to me.

I don't think these extra fields would over complicate anything. The url field would definitely be handy, especially for people that would like to link to a website that has more information about the event or their business that's holding the event and definitely for people that have an online event.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015