Alternate View

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Code Monkey, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Administrator Staff Member

I'll just quote myself:

2. thumped

thumped New Member

that widget is exactly what i need, except as a full page

3. Kintaro

Kintaro Member

Well I think this is a basic view for a calendar addons, and I really can't understand the complexity of it. At least for a basic simple view "like" the widget one.

Jeremy you are the creator of "Events" and you have the last word off course, but as you can see many other users are asking this.

4. Jeremy

The complexity comes from the fact that I'm not just going to slap a page into an add-on to appease customers and it needs to fit the feel and functionality of the system I've built. The calendar is dynamic and allows you to switch views and dates without reloading the page. If it was easy, I would likely have added the feature already.

This is built using a 10,000+ line of compressed JavaScript and requires a large chunk of time, learning, and code to add the view everyone wants into it. It may be "basic" in theory, but it is anything but basic in functionality and implementation.

If I implemented this functionality for the first version, you likely wouldn't see a release for a very, very long time. I have been clear in my responses that this isn't something that would be added to the initial release because of the complexity, but a feature that is completely viable for a future addition.

thumped, Lisa, Axel B and 1 other person like this.
  5. thumped

thumped New Member

I completely understand, but I suppose the confusion (on my end anyway) comes from seeing the functionality I'm after already available as a widget. So small, yet so perfectly formed.

I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but that is literally all I need - title, date, location & url linking to full event page.

6. Jeremy

That widget exists outside the main calendar and fits the general functionality of the features around it. The two cannot be compared

7. thumped

thumped New Member

8. Jeremy

Just a tease of this feature... Can even control time frame...

Attached Files:

Kintaro, Axel B and thumped like this.